Parish Office Manager
(805) 682-4151 ext. 102
MINISTRY: I am responsible for the day-to-day operation of the parish office, including:
• I act as the first pastoral contact for those who come to or phone the parish office
• I maintain confidential personnel records
• I prepare payroll
• I record sacraments in the sacramental registries
• I product the weekly bulletin
• I maintain the master calendar
• I perform general bookkeeping duties (QuickBooks)
• I ensure effective administrative support for pastor and associate pastor
• I oversee office/parish equipment
• I update and maintains all parish records and notifications
I was hired as office manager of the parish in August of 2004, when I was a member of the pastoral council. I have been a registered parishioner of St. Barbara Parish since 1999, and currently serve as a Eucharistic Minister and as an adviser to the parish Finance Committee.
Prior to working for the church, I was a licensed securities agent with A.G. Edwards and UBS (formerly Paine Webber) for 8 years, worked for the presidents of Rockwell International and several local software startups for 10 years, and was a legal secretary for several Santa Barbara law firms for 8 years.
I was born and raised on Long Island, New York, and attended Catholic school for 12 years: St. William the Abbott for grades 1-8 and Holy Trinity High School. After moving to Santa Barbara in 1978, I studied computer science for several years at Santa Barbara City College.
Working for the Catholic Church has given me the opportunity to experience my faith and my workplace as one. I am blessed to be here.